A Look At The 5 Best RV Brands
You see them driving down this countries highways year-round. From California to Connecticut and Washington to Florida, If you are on an interstate highway chances are you will pass or be passed by one. They may have a retired couple inside or a family of five.
I’m talking about motorhomes. RVs have come a long way since Piece Arrow built the first one over 100 years ago. It had a fold-down sink, a chamber pot, and a fold-down bed. Today we have slide outs, satellite TV, and all the comforts of home. Let's take a look at the best 5 RV brands out there today.
- Also read: How To Stop Mice From Infesting Your RV
Starting off our list is Jayco. Jayco started in 1968 by selling 132 fold-down camping trailers. Today they sell more than 25,000 RVs a year. From pop-ups to Class A Motorhomes, if you want to go camping, they probably have something that fits your taste and budget.
Some features of their Class A motorhomes are:
- Automatic leveling jacks
- Front and rear Disc Brakes to make stopping easier and faster.
- Electric double-entry step
- An Onan 4000 watt generator
- An 8 cubic foot (gas/electric) refrigerator
- A Queen sized bed
- Backup and side view cameras with monitor
- A six-gallon gas/electric hot water heater
- Exterior entertainment center with 39-inch LED TV
- 1,000-watt inverter that powers the main TV, bedroom TV, exterior TV, and entertainment center
- 6.8L Triton V-10 320 HP gas engine with electronic fuel injection and 460 lb-ft torque
- 6-speed automatic TorqShift transmission with overdrive and tow-haul mode
- And a 5000-lb. rear hitch
Jayco is a great choice for your first RV. And maybe even your next one. For more information, you can go to their website.
Fleetwood RV has been building motorhomes for over 65 years. The have 10 models, your choice of Class A diesel or gas and Class C gas. They are one of the largest RV manufacturers and pride themselves on being the value brand.
Some of the available options are:
- Under chassis lighting
- Built in television and satellite system
- Multiple slide outs
- High-gloss solid hardwood cabinetry
- An exterior entertainment center with 32” LED HDTV
- A tankless hot water heater
- A separate heat pump just for the bedroom
- An 8 KW Onan generator
- Power awning with LED strip and a sensor reacting to the wind for its protection
- A propane, smoke, and carbon monoxide detector to protect you and your family
It’s not difficult to see why they are a top RV manufacturer. For more info, Fleetwood has an easy to navigate website.
Newmar Corporation has been building RV’s since 1968. In 1980 they made the jump into the Class A motor coach market and have never looked back. They were one of the first to use slide outs.
Todays Newmar motor coaches offer luxuries not ever dreamed of in the 80’s including:
- Fabrics from Ralph Lauren®
- Heated and cooled Villa® front seats
- Two 49” Sony TVs with a Blu-ray/DVD player and a Bose® sound system
- You can even get a 50” X 34” shower!
- Hydraulic leveling system
- An automatic step at the entry door
- You can get a patio hammock package too
- They offer a Fireplace
- A convection microwave with a recessed two-burner gas cooktop
- A stackable washer dryer so you don’t have to find a laundromat
- A central vacuum cleaner
- It is ready for you to add your satellite
- A wireless router
- A full security system
- A 12.5 kW Cummins Onan diesel generator with auto changeover on a slide out tray
- Eight 6 volt AGM house batteries on a slide out tray
- Two 3000 watt inverters
- A 10-watt solar panel to keep our engine battery charged when your RV is sitting
- An electric block heater to keep the motor warm in cold weather
- And I have to mention the two 12.1” monitors that give you a complete view around the outside of your RV.
It really is a great combination. Some of these features and more are on their top of the line model. If they pique your interest you can view all the features on Newmar’s website.
4. Winnebago Industries
If you have ever been interested in a Recreational vehicle then you would have known about Winnebago. Winnebago is probably the most well-known RV manufacturer there is.
They started in Forest City, Iowa in 1958 and became Winnebago in 1961. In 1963 they developed a new wall structure that changed the industry. Thermo-Panel® was light, strong and well insulated, making the trailers and RVs lighter, causing a huge upsurge in sales.
By 1986 they had sold their 200,000th motorhome, the first in the industry. This is just more proof of their attention to detail and service. Today Winnebago sells Class A motorhomes (both gas and diesel), Class C motorhomes, Class B motorhomes, fifth-wheel trailers, travel trailers, and specialty vehicles.
Some of the options available today are:
- A V-ride axle for added comfort
- A tag axle (A tag axle is an axle to assist with steering and add support)
- Mobileye® collision avoidance technology
- Large Dual GPS screens
- A king size bed
- A master bathroom
- A separate half-bath for others
- A Yamaha sound system
- A galley Island
- A retractable HDTV
- You can even buy a model with a Fireplace!
With options like these, it is easy to see why Winnebago has been leading the way since 1958. Their attention to quality and comfort are known all around the country. If you would like more information on Winnebago please check out their website.
Tiffin Motorhomes is a family owned company that was started in 1972. Instead of following the norm, they went off in their own direction. To ensure the best quality, they limit production to 12 a day. That way the employees are more concerned with producing the best possible motorhome instead of hurrying through to make a quota.
Some of the options available are:
- A panoramic windshield for an unobstructed view
- All water from the air conditioner system is routed away from the doors to make sure that area remains dry
- LED lighting to help your four 6 volt auxiliary batteries stay charged longer
- Cabinets and woodwork carved by craftsmen from Red Bay
- Your choice of tile or carpet flooring
- They say that there is more storage in their coach than any of their competitors
- Special worry free wiring to help avoid issues that can crop up in most RVs over time
- SmartSlides: One piece fiberglass slide outs that are air and water tight. When closed, they are almost undetectable
- Six different paint schemes so you can show your individuality
- An in motion satellite dish
- An exterior TV
- A power patio awning
- An 8 kW Onan generator
- Heated mirrors
- PrecisionTrack: Independent front suspension that, with the assistance of the airbags, makes turning easier
- A Cummins ISV5.0 V8 engine and an automatic transmission. This combination in their starter RV has enough power to give you a worry-free trip in any state.
They have a great video on YouTube that shows just how much effort they put into every RV they build. These are truly some if the most luxurious RVs I have ever seen.
I really hope you have enjoyed and maybe even learned something from this list. If you are looking for an RV, these are my top 5 picks.
As I am sure you know, purchasing a recreation vehicle is a big decision and a major purchase. There are a lot of brands out there to choose from. It is my hope that this article makes that job a little easier.
- Now read: The Best Way To Fix A Leaky RV Roof
If you have any opinions or observations please comment below. Maybe I will see you on the road.